Date Posted: 8th Jun 2016
Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in plant by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Develop and recommend short and long-range goals and objectives for Lean Manufacturing.
- Evaluate current manufacturing systems to determine areas for improvement and recommend implementation schedule.
- Maintain current knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodologies, prepare capital request, cost justifications to support recommendations.
- Prioritize and implement schedules for assigned projects using appropriate planning methods and facilitate project implementation.
- Serve a facilitator coach for teams during Kaizen events and follow up to assist supervisors to sustain work improvement.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Create Investment Project Proposals (IPP) for the purchase of new equipment and facility improvements. The IPP process includes calculating the cost of new equipment and justifying the purchase by calculating savings and efficiency in a formal written document.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Resolves deviation reports concerning product or material with plant personnel including maintenance personnel to direct equipment adjustments.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Distributes product/part drawings to appropriate plant personnel.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering or related field from a four-year college or university.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes in a sheet metal/extruded aluminum environment.
- Two years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodologies and a proven track record with application.
- Ability to work as part of a team, including all related departments/plants or
- independently as required achieving internal and external customer satisfaction.
COMPUTER SKILLS Required knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word using MS Windows platform. MS
PowerPoint and MS Access experience a plus.
Work Term: Full Time
Start Date: Immediately