Date Posted: 7th Apr 2016
Electronic Manufacturing (EMS) company in Northeast Dallas is hiring a Purchasing Manager with previous industry experience. This young company is aggressively growing, and could benefit from the experience of a Purchasing expert.
This is a full time position with benefits.
Responsibilities for the Purchasing Manager include but are not limited to:
- Directs and coordinates the activities of personnel engaged in purchasing and distributing materials, equipment and supplies.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls activities related to the procurement function.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports.
- Identifies and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at the best value while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Maintains supplier relationships.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals and vendor agreements.
- Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Arranges for the disposal of surplus materials.
- 5 -10 years purchasing experience in a managerial capacity.
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, specifically an EMS environment.
- Bachelors degree
- Knowledgeable in the principles and practices of public purchasing, including competitive bidding practices.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office; Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Experience in ERP/MRP system.
- Strong arithmetic and analytical skills.
Work Term: Full Time
Start Date: Immediately