SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Directly supervises 50-100 employees.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Ensure proper set-up of machinery and timely start-up of production.
o Ensure the product specifications are followed.
o Ensure QA and USDA standards are adhered to.
o Maintain line speed and crewing standards.
o Monitor machines and employee practices to maintain quality and safety standards.
o Closely monitor product for quality standards and customer satisfaction.
o Schedule product flow to maximize efficient use of available material and man hours.
o Train and monitor employees to ensure accuracy in the following areas:
- Time and Attendance
- Yield reporting
- Work in process (WIP) Inventory transactions
- Involve employees in the production process thorough team building skills.
- Efficiency awareness
- Proper employee handling process.
- Employee awareness of USDA and QA procedures and requirements.
- All safety procedures are followed and are strictly observed.
· Utilize FIFO in all materials and monitor WIP inventory to eliminate out of date product.
· Monitor machine maintenance to minimize production downtime
· Utilize the lean manufacturing tools to develop a culture of continuous improvement.
· Other duties as assigned by manager.
· Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent; and 5-8 years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must be able to speak both English and Spanish
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
· Knowledge of most commonly used business systems and software applications in addition to Windows Office and how these systems relate to business processes.